Code is the backbone of our business, the pillar of Signeasy’s digital DNA. So, we couldn’t be more excited about celebrating one of the newest additions to our holiday calendars: the International Day of the Programmer!
2019 marks the 10th iteration of this newly-minted occasion, celebrated on the 256th day of the year (September 13 in a typical year, and September 12 if it's a leap year). If you're one of the worldwide guests of honor this Friday, the significance of the number 256 is likely quite obvious to you: it was chosen for its association with eight-bit bytes, the building blocks for digital information.
A (very) brief history of programming
Programming is a profession that takes resilience, precision, patience, and a healthy dose of creativity within the framework of each programming language. It also has a rich history full of big thinkers and groundbreaking discoveries. If you’re not up to scratch, here are a few facts from the fun side of history to get you warmed up:
- The first computer programmer was a woman: in 1843, British mathematician Ada Lovelace translated and marked up an article written by Italian engineer Luigi Menabrea, expanding on it with her own notes and ideas. Lovelace also theorized that the computer would one day be able to play music and chess – clearly, she was onto something.
- The original computer bug was a moth: initially coined by Thomas Edison in 1878, the term “bug” to describe a technical issue was brought into the modern age by Admiral Grace Hopper, who found a moth stuck in her computer’s relay mechanism.
- Spacewar (1962), the first-ever computer game, never made a dime: while modern game franchises have grossed millions and billions, Steve Russell’s spaceship-centric computer game was unfortunately a dud.
- Our money is tied up in code: Only 8% of the global currency supply is available as physical money. The remaining 92% exists on computers. Hold onto your small change, readers!
- Java was originally called Oak: Named after the tree that Sun Microsystems’ lead architect could see from his office window, Oak eventually took on the moniker Java due to copyright issues.
Celebrating programmers every day
Like Mother's Day, Father’s Day, and our loved ones’ birthdays, a designated date on the calendar is the perfect occasion to celebrate the people we hold near and dear. But Signeasy is committed to focusing on programmers 365 days a year, with the addition of a box of cupcakes on day 256.
Here’s how we’ve built the Signeasy API around making programmers’ lives easier:
We’ve maximized our ease-of-use by providing exceptionally detailed documentation for programmers who wish to integrate Signeasy into their platforms. People who use our API therefore rarely ever need customer support when they run into snags, and even if they do…
Excellent customer support
Whenever programmers need a helping hand, they can contact our responsive support team for next-level client care. Comprehensive support is the bedrock of our business, whether you’re a coder, manager, or personal user.
The Signeasy API doesn’t skimp out on the features users know and love. Embedded sending and signing, webhooks and instant notifications … our API is a one-and-done solution for programmers looking to seamlessly integrate an eSigning experience into their apps and platforms.
Programmers make the world go round. And that's why we take the time to not only honor the engineers at Signeasy HQ, but to make sure that our API is built to keep our fellow developers in mind!