What meal to buy for a team lunch or plants for your office space are small, likely low-impact purchase decisions. But it’s the big purchases — like what eSignature solution to choose for your business — that make all the difference in the long term.
Bear in mind, that big purchase decisions have nothing to do with the price tag. As a matter of fact, eSignature solutions such as SignEasy are incredibly accessible and affordable. Instead, your small and medium business (SMB) should label those as big decisions where you expect to derive maximum ROI.
Ever since the pandemic, the decision to adopt an eSignature solution has become a no brainer. But, you still need to spend some time on figuring out what bouquet of features you expect from this solution and what business goals it will help you meet.
The thing is, not all eSignature solutions are made equal. If you are evaluating eSignature vendors and have a lot of questions on your mind, you are at the right place. This article will help business managers and technical architects arrive at the right and most reliable e-signature solution (hint: SignEasy) for your business.
Things to keep in mind when choosing an eSignature vendor
With everyone working remotely and social distancing measures in place, upgrading your contract signing process is the only way out. That’s not all, eSignature solutions help:
- Create a paper-free documentation workflow
- Improve productivity by shortening approval turnaround time (TAT) and automating reminders
- Increase document interaction mobility
Since eSignature solutions are so critical for your company, when scouting for the perfect esignature solution, here are some of the top things to consider to fit your business needs:
- Offers ease of use: Most eSignature providers offer a free trial. Be sure to sign up to each solution and see how intuitive and user-friendly they are. Typically, with an eSignature solution, you should. Not need more than 10 seconds to sign a document. Have a quick chat with their support team to resolve any issues faced while using the software, while also gauging their responsiveness. Check if the provider offers mobile and cross-device compatibility. This is important, as most users will want to view, read, and sign agreements on the go, which equals a better user experience.
- Automates the end-to-end data-flow: Nowadays eSignature solutions offer a lot more than just electronic signing capabilities. The solution you choose should also allow users to automate getting documents signed in a specific order and sending reminders to signers. You should also be able to track progress of each agreement’s approval.
- Supports varied document formats: Some of the common agreement formats that need to be recognizable by the esignature solution are PDF, MS-Office, Open-Office, Text, HTML, RTF, CSV, images and Apple Pages format. And, so that you can manage your old contracts online, choose a solution that allows you to import contracts that have been wet signed.
- Integrates with internal systems: If you are seeking an added productivity boost, look for eSignature solutions that sync with common document workflows and technologies relevant to your business processes, such as Gmail, Outlook and Microsoft Teams. Sometimes these vendors also offer their API, so that you can seamlessly sign documents directly from within other applications such as content management and productivity-boosting software systems.
- Boosts document security: Data integrity is very important to most companies, which explains why trusted eSignature brands, such as SignEasy, offer 256-bit SSL encryption (similar to banks and financial institutions). For extra protection, you may even lock your eSignature app with passcode and fingerprint authentication. Also, check if the provider has achieved security certifications like SOC 2, which is proof that their solution meets the highest standard for cloud security and data protection.
- Enables brand customization: To offer a unified experience, across touchpoints, to your stakeholders it would help for the eSignature solution to incorporate your business’ branding into aspects like the signing interface. So every time you send a document for signature, your brand value and trust will be reiterated in a professional manner.
- Keeps it legal and binding: All eSignature solutions of repute should comply with the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN) and Uniform Electronic Transactions Act (UETA) in the US and Directive 1999/93/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council in Europe. Check if the signature provider adheres to your country and state’s specific rules.
Especially in highly regulated industries or in businesses where there are high-value transactions, you would want legal protection to safeguard yourself from customer disputes. This is where electronic signature brands with expert knowledge of the laws and regulations of your industry, experience working with similar companies and compliance with regulatory standards relevant to your industry can make a difference. Read how family-run trucking and logistics company Havlor Lines used eSignature solution to maintain safety compliance.
- Standards and Procedures for Electronic Records and Signatures (SPeRS) (financial services)
- Insured Retirement Institute’s E-Signature Standards for Straight Through Processing (annuities)
- Electronic Securities Transaction Act (securities)
- 21 CFR Part 11 (life sciences)
SignEasy, for one, checks a lot of these boxes and offers a holistic audit trail, including signer email address, device IP, document fingerprint and timestamp, that can be presented as legal evidence.
- Offers an abundance of features: Every eSignature brand toutes their USPs, those bells and whistles ranging from customizable signatures to signing in parallel or series, multiple language support etc. While it’s easy to get swayed by these extras, be sure to choose an option that has some of these really useful features:
- Templates: All your most commonly used contracts can be stored as a template and reused with customization, saving you hundreds of man-hours writing-up agreements from scratch. See how Malta’s Hotel 1926 used SignEasy’s template feature to improve productivity.
- App-clips: Apple users get a small signable preview of the document on their mobile devices, triggered by NFC tag, a scanned QR code or a Smart App Banner in Safari, without having to install the app Sign documents.
Other cool features include scanning handwritten signatures using your phone camera and turning handwriting via Apple pencils into text.
- Stores flexibility and securely: Choose an electronic signature solution, such as SignEasy, that harnesses cloud-based file hosting. Once all your signed contracts are stored securely on cloud, you don’t ever have to worry about physically sorting through filing cabinets and losing old contracts. This is also an incredibly scalable option. So, as your business grows, you can increase the size of your cloud repository to store more agreements.
- Keeps it affordable: Ultimately, purchasing and installing an eSignature solution is an added cost. Many a time you may also need to pay to upgrade the software to get additional features, security standards etc. To avoid most of these costs, it’s advisable to just subscribe to a SaaS solution. Also, choose a solution that fits your organisation’s needs. If all you need is one user account with 1-2 standard templates, choose a basic plan. Else, bigger businesses with more signatories, can choose a plan with indefinite monthly transactions, success managers, custom branding, unlimited templates and more unique user accounts.
Why Choose SignEasy
The thing is, some electronic signature solutions are simple to use, yet ever so powerful. SignEasy leads in that aspect. This end-to-end e-signature solution can be used to save time, money and efforts.
30,000+ brands, including San Diego Eye Bank, K Real Estate, Truepill and HasGeek have used SignEasy and experienced great returns on their triple bottom-line. Here is why it needs to be at the top of your consideration set when choosing an eSignature service:
- Ranks #1 on G2’s Momentum Grid 2020 and was also crowned eSignature leader for the Small Business category and the overall eSignature category.
- No learning curve or setup required
- SignEasy’s API available so that you can integrate it with any of your legacy software and automate and streamline document centric workflow
- Powerful mobile app that allows you to complete and automate your paperwork at your convenience from anywhere
If you still have any doubts in mind about which solution to try out, give us a shoutout at email@example.com, we will be happy to offer an in-depth demo. Or, simply sign up for our 14-day free trial and experience the eSignature magic for yourself.